Friday, August 10, 2012

Exhibition Critique



1. Which projects did you review?

I reviewed the exhibition, “Water All Around,” by Richard Cruz.

2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?

I selected this exhibition, because I thought the theme was very original and interesting. There is a lot that can be said about the use of aquatic imagery in art works.

3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?

I think it’s hard to critique someone else’s hard work, especially when you know that creating this project required lots of time and effort. I just tried to be honest and respectful, although he did a great job so it was easy to comment on the positive aspects of the exhibition.

4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?

I think it is very healthy to critique and be critiques by your peers. It is a very essential part of being an artist and creating art works. Creating art works and showing them to the world is a risk. It leaves you feeling very vulnerable to show a part of yourself to others. You have to be open to what other people are going to say in response.

5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?

Of course. Honesty is the best policy. I’d like to know whether I was successful in getting my points and views across, or whether the same pieces and topics that affect me also touch other people.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?

I would rate my article an 8, because I tried to keep it simple and to the point. I very easily could have dissected the pieces and selection of artworks more in depth, as well as the theme, but I didn’t feel as though it was necessary. He did a great job and I thought his point came across very well.

7. Did you enjoy working on this project?

Surely. It’s so interesting to see the kind of art works that other people (strangers, basically) are attracted to and why they are attracted to them. Art is so subjective and each person can take away something completely different from a particular piece. It’s always so interesting to see and hear about those different experiences and perspectives.



No comments:

Post a Comment