Friday, July 13, 2012

Exploring Line





1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?

The hand is such a complicated thing to draw. There are so many lines and tonal values. 

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?

I used a pencil as my media just because I am more comfortable with it. I think you have more control over pencil than charcoal.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?

It felt so awkward when drawing with my non-dominant hand. I very seldom use my left hand to do anything that requires a controlled activity. It definitely takes some getting use to.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?

I think they are successful in that you can tell that the drawing with my dominant hand is more refined and accurate. The study with my non-dominant hand is shaky and more scribbled. 

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?

Yes, the outcome of using my non-dominant hand was more interesting and exciting. I like the abstracted result versus the more refined drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment